» I focus my view on highly charged places, on people that are a potential cause of friction, and on stories that make hidden connections visible. The cinematic focus let me discover again and again the wonder, the depth and the complexity of human life. «
Eva Stotz is a Berlin based documentary director with a keen look on global social phenomena. Her films were screened and awarded on film festivals worldwide. Eva explores artistic formats and expressions in order to find the right language to reach her audience.
She is author for the book Documentary Film in its making and is a regular guest in panel discussions. In 2012 Eva Stotz founded the production company ronjafilm in Berlin. 2015 she received the Tarabya scholarship by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Goethe Institut Istanbul.
- Advancement Award GERMAN TELEVISION AWARD
- Advancement Award 31th FILMWEEK DUISBURG
- Prize of the Insurance 18th DOKUMENTART
- Special Mention 39th VISIONS DU RÉEL
For Global Home
- World premiere SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST
- Nomination Maverick Award NEW YORK
- Official Selection 21st RAINDANCE LONDON
For One Million Steps
- Best Documentary 4th MUMBAI SHORTS INT'L FILM FESTIVAL
- AUDIENCE AWARD BEST DOCUMENTARY 2016 39TH GRENZLAND-FILMTAGE SELB
- JURY AWARD 34TH INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF FILMS ON ART (FIFA)
- BEST EXPERIMENTALFILM 26TH BAMBERGER KURZFILMTAGE
- BEST DOCUMENTARY 17TH FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DU FILM D'AUBAGNE (FIFA)
- AUDIENCE AWARD BEST DOCUMENTARY 13TH CINEDANS - DANCE ON SCREEN FESTIVAL EYE
Eva Stotz holds regular international documentary classes at institutes worldwide.
She already worked together with Harvard University, German Film and Television
Academy Berlin, Raindance Institut London, European Film Institut Babelsberg, Filmarche
Berlin, Kwetu Filmschool in Kigali, Bahçesehir University in Istanbul, Goethe
Institut in Istanbul and Tunis, Institut Francais in Tunis.
Eva's experiences in documentary filmmaking that she shares in the classes include
production, camera work, editing and directing.
90 minutes, 2019, Interactive Documentary
All by Marseille / Tout contre Marseille
35 minutes, 2019, Documentary
Moments of Movement
70 minutes, 2016, VJ-Performance with live Music and Tap Dance
One Million Steps
21 minutes, 2015, Documentary Film & Live Performance
Sollbruchstelle / Devil hides in doubt
60 minutes, 2008, Documentary Film
92 minutes, 2012, Documentary Film
10 minutes, 2001, Short Fiction
16 minutes, 2004, Documentary
Interiour / Night
10 minutes, 2006, Short Fiction
Earth in your hand
52 minutes, 2004, Documentary