Teaching & Courses
Film screening and master class
GLOBAL HOME - Master Class
Using the film 'Global Home' this master class treats the chances and challenges of an episode film as a cinematic form.
About the film
As soon as filmmaker Eva Stotz found out about the Couchsurfing network, she had to know more. What was this online community providing a free place to sleep anywhere in the world, a chance look in on the lives of complete strangers, and an opportunity to reach out beyond the internet after only a few emails? Eva packed her camera and set off on her travels.
- Development of a film from a personal journey to universal meaning
- Chances and challenges of an episode film as a cinematic form
- On filmmaking in a foreign country
- Being the director and cameraperson at the same time
- Exchange on topics treated by the film like sharing economy and the personal experience of globalization